in CASUAL FRIDAY, DECO, LIFE
6 DIY ideas to cozy up your home for winter
If you have been reading this little blog for a while, you might know I like easy and no-fuss DIY home ideas, which don’t take much time but are satisfying and relaxing to make. Check out my DIY Ikea hack desk here for a quick example.
Therefore, when it comes to cozy-ing up our space for winter I wanted to share with you [some] DIY ways to do it, saving money and having fun at the same time – cool right?
- Mix and match your rugs, mats and throws for a homey, bohemian feeling.
- DIY a woven rug for your entrance hall, dining room, living room or under your make-up station. Note: this project is really straightforward fun and easy but the truth is it takes quite some time – don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Fairy lights! My absolute favorite. I can’t wait to dress my home with loads of beautiful twinkling fairy lights again!
Here is a cool idea I found and which I will try to do as I (sob) don’t have a fireplace (yet, I might add!).
- Refresh your throw pillows. Go to a thread and needle store and buy beautiful trims, pom poms and ribbons which you can either sew around your pillows or create shapes with them. Since you’re going to the store try buying the adhesive tape you can iron-on and maybe you can skip sewing 😉 (just an idea, I’m not that lazy -or maybe I am 😛 )
- Add pom poms to a boring blanket. Pom poms always make me think of popcorn for some reason!! So get some popcorn popping, put on your favorite Netflix show and you are a queen (or king) in your castle.
- Candles! As one of my lovely readers has pointed out, candles create a unique, warm atmosphere in every home. Be creative and do your own or buy some and make a beautiful assortment on your coffee table or a corner of your living room.
…and for the end I would like to ask you a question: what do you think of the backwards spine bookshelves trend?
Tags: CASUAL FRIDAY, favorites, inspiration, new trends, own your life, self-improvement, style, διάφορα
Δε μου αρέσει αυτό με τα ανάποδα βιβλία.. μου θυμίζει εκείνο το άλλο που τα βάζεις χρωματικά.
Το άρθρο τέλειο!! Ούτε εγώ έχω τζάκι, μακάρι μια μέρα να αποκτήσουμε ❤19 . Nov . 2017
Ευχαριστώ Αλίκη μου!!! Να σου πω κ εμένα μου φαίνεται κάπως όλο αυτό, επειδή χρησιμοποιεί τα βιβλία καθαρά σαν αντικείμενο, πολύ ψυχρο βρε παιδί μου 🙂
Αχ ένα τζάκι και το βιβλίο μας… Τέλειο!!! καλό βράδυ και καλή εβδομάδα!!!19 . Nov . 2017
Κεριά και βιβλία… αυτά αρκούν για να στολίσουν ένα σπίτι! 🙂19 . Nov . 2017
S For Summer
Winter is almost here and your ideas are nice to cozy up our homes!03 . Dec . 2017
Re backwards spine books not a fan yet, thinking of the hidden romanticism though, content matters not just the appearance.
Leave A Comment